38” Pack Carriage Wheels
DESCRIPTION: Using white oak and white ash woods, our wheels differ greatly from others on the market. Attention to detail and wheel technology of the time are incorporated into each of our wheels including methods that no other wheelwrights are performing today. These methods include:
- The use of dowel pins between the felloes (or fellies) to prevent them shifting from side to side as the wheel ages.
- We do not use hydraulic tyre or band setting equipment so no crushed and splintered knaves, instead we still use the heat and shrink to fit process of the time.
- Correct dish and tyres made from 2 inch X .5 inch stock.
- Hand swaged tyre bolts , with uss washers and 13/16 inch square nuts.
- We part from the specs. With a signature method of flush setting both the linch and shoulder knave bands, this makes for a streamlined look.
- We can press straight, tapered or your custom boxes in our knaves.
Irons are primed and painted gloss black. There are two options for the finish of the wooden components of the wheels.
- 1st- Primed and painted with Berh Brand semi-gloss acrylic latex enamel paint in a dark olive drab.
- 2nd-Customer supplies a gallon of their own pain preference or battery shade of OD
We are using the same box as the 42" Prairie Wheel and are now able to supply a tapered box as well!
PRICED AT $675 EACH WITH STRAIGHT BOX OR YOUR BOX
WITH A TAPERED BOXING $825 EACH
Prices subject to change without notice.